iPetcare Online is committed to ensure that your privacy is protected. This privacy notice explains how iPetcare uses and protects any information that you provide to www.ipetcare.co.za when using our website. You can be assured that any information that you provide to iPetcare when using this website, that this information will be used in accordance with this privacy notice. We may update this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page.
The www.ipetcare.co.za website is owned and operated by iPetcare Online (Pty) Ltd, a company registered in the Republic of South Africa, with company registration number 2013/012709/07, with its registered address at Pellmeadow Office Park, Block C, 60 Civin Road, Bedfordview, 2008.
In terms of S11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (ECT) 25 of 2002 and the common law of contract, these terms and conditions are valid, binding and enforceable against all persons that access the iPetcare Online website.
Users may browse or use our website for your own personal, private, educational, non-commercial and information purposes only. No other use is permitted without our express prior written consent.
The unauthorized use, copying, reproduction, variation, modification or distribution of any content of this website, or the uploading of any unlawful or damaging information or viral software, or any other activity that is harmful to our website and/or our customers strictly prohibited.
The use of our website, and this agreement is governed by the laws of South Africa. Residents and non-residents alike may use our website to browse or to make online purchases, on the understanding that the use of this site is limited to delivery addresses within South Africa.
We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate your use of our website or any part thereof in the event of unauthorized use, or in cases where we believe that the information supplied by you is false, incomplete or intended to be used for illegal purposes.
iPetcare Online reserves the right to terminate our website at any time, without prior notice.
Information that we collect
We collect the following information:
• contact information including mobile number, email address, physical address
• other relevant demographic info such as pets’ names and details, previous purchases, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to us such as customer satisfaction, complaints, and reviews
We do also collect cookies, please see below the list of cookies.
What we do with the information we gather
We us the information provided by you to better understand your needs and to enable us to provide you with a superior experience. Some of the key reasons being:
• Internal record keeping.
• We use the information to improve both our products and services, as well as our pricing and availability of these items.
• We may occasional send promotional newsletters about useful topics of interest, new products, special offers or other information which we think may be useful to you. Our newsletters are sent to you using the email address that you have provided to us. Please note: It is possible to opt-in/out to receive our Newsletters. Please refer to our Email privacy statement below also.
• We may use the information provided to customize our website according to your preferences.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or mobile phone.
• We will not contact you if you have not given us permission to do so.
The security of your information is one of our key commitments. iPetcare has put suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Email privacy statement
If you receive an email from us this means that;
1. Your email address is listed with us, as part of your registration on our website or you have an existing relationship with us.
2. Your email address has been shared with us as someone who has provided their email address to us with the express permission to receive information regarding iPetcare, our products and services and other information in the future.
We endeavour not to abuse your trust, and we aim to limit the frequency of our emails appropriately.
iPetcare will not share, sell, or rent any personal information to anyone outside of the iOpen group companies unless ordered to do so by a court of law. The Information submitted to us is only made available to those iPetcare employees who manage this this information for purposes of providing you with a necessary service, or communication to you.
It is possible for you to request details of the personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com. A small fee will be payable, commensurate to the cost of retrieval of the requested personal information.